Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I've got a gun, and I'm not afraid to use it.


A registry gun, that is.

Last weekend, Benjamin & I began working on our registries. I was a little apprehensive because Ben is.... let's see... how can I put this nicely.... Practical? Yes. Practical. For instance:
Carrie- "Oooh! an apple slicer/peeler/corer! we NEED this!"
Ben- "We have a knife. And you don't even eat apples that often"
Carrie- "But think of the time I could save! And I could avoid a potential knife disaster! And I would eat an apple every day if we got one!"
Ben- "No."


Our first stop was Williams Sonoma. We grabbed our guns, took a stroll around the store, and surprisingly had fun! We agreed on almost everything (minus the aforementioned apple peeler/corer/slicer). We agreeably compromised about what our dream kitchen should look like. It was a very positive experience.

Just off of our Williams Sonoma happiness, we decided to head to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Our personal registry coach walked us around every.single.inch of that store, trying to convince us we couldn't live without an espresso machine, or $50 bath towels.... It was miserable. Which is why I wasn't surprised that afterward when I checked over our registry, I found Benjamin had snuck off in an attempt to score us a porcelain cat toilet brush holder (no, I'm not kidding)

a mother-of-pearl toilet seat

and lifesavers. Yes. Candy. On our wedding registry. (Although, I do give him credit. He registered for a nice, big bag. Good job, Honey!)


Fortunately, we survived. And Ben's surprise additions gave me a good laugh.
(Although you can bet I removed those from the registry that same night.)

p.s. I tried to be sneaky by adding my beloved apple gadget to our registry.
Ben quickly discovered my addition and removed it.

3 comments:

Jessica Michelle on March 19, 2010 at 4:26 AM said...

hahahah!! I'm getting you the porcelain cat toilet brush holder :)

Savannah Brimer said...

Dustin's mom has the apple peeler thing....it's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Funny enough, I came upon your blog after Google searching for the porcelain cat toilet brush holder for my daughter's bathroom. I have been looking everywhere, but it looks like no one is selling it in the stores anymore. LOL

Post a Comment